Monday, December 6, 2010

Crafting


With the cooler weather here I am having the urge to knit as much as I can, by our new fireplace and sip on some hot tea or cocoa. (It is not done yet, so I will show pictures when it is all finished with rock work and mantle.) Back in mid Autumn I knit Kelwyn his yearly vest to keep him nice a toasty this winter. I was afraid he would refuse to put it on, but no complaints! I remembered this little pilot cap I knit for Adeline last fall, but it was way too big at the time. So, I pulled it out and sewed a cute flower on it to spice it up a bit. I just finished this darling little tunic for Adeline. I just love how it turned out and the yarn is just divine. (I got is at the South Eastern Fiber Festival in October). She seems to enjoy it too!
My most recent project was a quick knit elfin hat for Kelwyn. I got this pattern from my new book More Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It was not as long as I wanted because I was using up some some old yarn and it ran out, but still adorable and will keep him warm.Over the weekend I got out for a few hours to the Big Crafty for a little shopping and admiring of local crafters. I got some beautiful earrings from my dear friend Kelcey and she gifted me a lovely ornament for our Christmas tree. Thank you, I love it!! Check out her beautiful work at her etsy shop. Amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. wow, you are talented!! i will have to ask for your help sometime. i am still learning and trying to improve my skills. i love that tunic! bravo, mama!

    ReplyDelete